The graphic shows the path to salvation, where a person goes from lost to saved, includes hearing and believing the Gospel, turning from sin, and confessing with the mouth that Jesus is Lord, and then being baptized which is the point at which the sinner receives saving grace from God. But note that everything ties back in with the cross. Even baptism ties in which the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Acts 2:38; Acts 8:12; Acts 22:16; Romans 6:3-7; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Galatians 3:26-27; Colossians 2:11-13; 1 Peter 3:20,21.
The Bible is the inspired Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16). It is not a book by men, but it is written by men who were moved by the Holy Spirit to record for us the will of God (2 Pt. 1:21; 1 Cor. 2:10-13).
- All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Men are sinful and their souls are in jeopardy of being eternally separated from God. But there is a remedy...
- God loves us and has always had a plan to redeem us (Genesis 3:15; John 3:16).
- Jesus Christ is the only acceptable sacrifice for our sins (Acts 4:12).
- Forgiveness of sins and eternal life in heaven are available to those accepting Christ (John 3:16). With God there is no partiality for He accepts all who respond to the Good News (Rev. 22:17).
- We accept God's grace through faith by repenting, confessing our faith and being immersed into Christ (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Romans 10:9).
- Those accepting Christ are added to His church, His body on earth (Acts 2:41; Ephesians 1:22-23) There's no need to "join" a church when God has added you to His when you are baptized (Acts 2:41,47).
- Upon accepting Christ, Christians also receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38; Acts 5:32).
- Christians show their appreciation for Christ by loving and serving Him and others (John 14:15; John 13:34).
- We also are compelled to share the gospel with others, the natural response to His Good News (Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15).
- Jesus will return and take His followers to heaven for eternity (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
The Owatonna church of Christ is here to help anyone who seeks God's saving grace. As it was when this congregation began in 1990, our goal is still to lead as many as possible to Christ. We are here to love God and to serve others in love. We know that people are searching for truth to guide them, purpose for living, love to fulfill them, and hope to steady them through the trials of life. We are here to help people find these things. We are here to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and all of the spiritual blessings in Him.
The Bible is our only creed book. We follow only the Bible and we wear the only name that gives glory to Jesus: we are "Christians". Human traditions and man-made creeds which can contradict the Word of God have no place here.
We are a New Testament church just like you read about in the Bible. We worship according to the pattern found in the New Testament. The Apostle wrote, "those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." Our worship may not be as "entertaining" as you might find somewhere else, but together we worship God with all of the reverence and love He deserves.
If you are in our area, we invite you to join us in worship and fellowship. We would like to get to know and serve you in any way possible.
For driving instructions and times of worship, click the link below. May God bless and keep you.